USA Reconciling trial balance to balance sheet cash balance

Reaction score
Country
United States
The company that I work for uses Sage software. This is the first time I have closed a year using Sage. Sage released an update for 2018 which the office manager uploaded prior to me hard closing my year. There is no confluence of information now between the "old Sage" and the "new Sage". Entries that I put into New Sage do not appear in Old Sage.

My bank statement reconciled, in New Sage, to my cash balance but my trial balance is off. I am a few hours into reconciling and my original plan didn't work (Original plan was to reconcile to Old Sage and work out and into New Sage). My next thought is to reconcile by comparing m/e trial balances between old and new Sage and investigating any discrepancy.

If this doesn't work, what is my next move? I feel like I am on the right path but I am results-driven so until it ties out I won't really feel for certain that the job is done.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
GS

Ask a Question