UK Registering for non - union VAT moss scheme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a client who needs to register for the non union VAT MOSS Scheme.

I am aware that agents cannot do this on their behalf however when attempting to help using their personal login, i am still unable to find the option.

If i attempt to add an additional tax service to the account and choose the MOSS option, it states that they can no longer register for the VAT MOSS scheme and to follow a link on how to register for the non union VAT MOSS scheme however i cannot actually find how to do this without just general info.

Has anybody managed to do this and if so can you advise how.

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I assume you probably sorted this long ago, but just in case anybody else is looking for an answer, I'll explain what we did. We're a UK-based company who had to register for a non-union VAT MOSS account after Brexit. We had to choose an EU country to register in, and we chose Ireland because it's also English speaking which we thought would make it easier. Then it's simply a matter of looking up the relevant tax authority for that country and finding out how to register a non-union VAT MOSS account with them. Here's all the info you need for Ireland: https://www.revenue.ie/en/vat/vat-moss/index.aspx. Hope that helps somebody!

Ask a Question