Reimbursement and Tracking of employee business travel

Reaction score
Hi, I do a good portion of the data entry into our quickbooks file. Recently I went on a business trip via metro transportation. I paid for the ticket out of my pocket. What would be the simplest way to get reimbursed for that ticket and also track it in quickbooks?

I think we technically have a petty cash drawer, but it never gets counted or tracked in QB.. (scares the s**t out of me). Should I just ask my boss to cut me a check and then categorize that check in QB as a business exp?

I could always just artificially increase my hours to make up for the lost cash, but then the government makes good on our poor accounting practices.

Anyways, my job is technically "website administrator" but i wind up doing stuff like this. I would appreciate any advice.

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ask boss to get paid by check then enter check in QB. This is most straightforward way to go And if petty cash fund is your responsibilty put some control over it ....quickly.

Ask a Question