USA Residence?

Reaction score
Country
United States
live in Texas 24-26 days a month. Home to PA the remainder. Can my residence be Texas for taxes?

Reaction score
Country
United States
What? And abandon the Eagles??
I love your comment. Never never would I do that. A friend of mine lives here but worked in Texas all year last year. They are moving back next month. Funny thing is they are from Dallas. His job did not take out PA. I was hoping that since he was living in Texas 2/3 of the year, he could be a Texas resident. Unfortunately his ids say his PA address.
GO EAGLES!

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You will come across lots of websites saying "Texas residency - no state tax!" But residency takes more than just working in Texas. Even if you file taxes as if you were a TX resident, expect PA to review every aspect of your residency: where your drivers license is registered, where you shop, and so on. If PA assembles a decent case, PA will claim fraud on your part. So the change in residency must be bona fide.

Ask a Question