Restricted Stock Grant


Larry Israel

It looks like my son may be getting a restricted stock grant
in a foreign country. As I understand US tax law, it will be
taxable in the US when it vests. But the foreign country
taxes it only when it is sold. This could lead to US income
tax liability in a year when it can not be offset by foreign
income taxes, since the foreign taxes could be due in a
future year.

Is there a way to do the taxes that will not have income
subject to foreign tax completely taxable in the US? Assume
that form 2555 is inapplicable.

<< ------------------------------------------------------- >>
<< The foregoing was not intended or written to be used, >>
<< nor can it used, for the purpose of avoiding penalties >>
<< that may be imposed upon the taxpayer. >>
<< >>
<< The Charter and the Guidelines for submitting posts >>
<< to this newsgroup as well as our anti-spamming policy >>
<< are at >>
<< Copyright (2006) - All rights reserved. >>
<< ------------------------------------------------------- >>


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question