USA S corp posting personal expenses to business

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I began my first bookkeeping job almost a year ago at a small business that does multinational sales. I noticed early on that some personal stuff like utilities for various vacation and investment properties were posted to business accounts.

Last week I had a number of real estate tax bills, and the property expense account popped up in Quickbooks, and I asked my sup (an accountant) if that's where they should go. He confirmed.

We had already been joking around about this and he admitted he's worried about an audit. The owner has been audited before but not when any of us worked there. (There is a perpetual cash flow problem but I think payroll taxes are being paid, though I am not the one who does that.)

Should I get out of Dodge? I don't really need to work and I have a tax job lined up for winter.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You have no idea whether the tax returns are being prepared in the same manner or if they should be. If you continue to feel there are ethical concerns for you, you do not have to work there. You said so yourself.

Ask a Question