USA S Corporation Dissolution Question

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I figure I will go into the back story to help in understanding the situation. I got out of college, couldn’t find a job for a year in my field and got desperate. A guy comes strolling along saying I could work for him in my field selling my expertise and says I should get my own business and that he would help me with it. Sounds cool, having my own business learning from him how to do everything, may even look good on my resume. So we meet up and he sets it up for me with a couple of clicks( all done through a website). He doesn’t help me at all with it and I end up not working for him because it was getting way to shady. Then I try and ask the filing website what I should be doing for my order in multiple emails with responses only consisting of selling me something or telling me they are a filing company and can’t answer any of my questions about my order. The website never got my company set up until around 2-3 months after so it was around July and when I obtained my company EIN(probably around September) and emailed them to inform them they again tried to sell me a product rather than putting it on the company information on the website. Unfortunately I thought paying them for company dissolution would make things easy to get rid of all of this and did this long before my multiple emails.

Question: I haven’t made any money nor done anything with this company. I don’t even have a bank account set up for my EIN. The one piece of information the website did give me after many emails is that I need to do a final tax form before they can close it. So what should I be doing? What forms should I be completing? Maybe this is a lot to ask but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ask a Question