UK Salary for newly qualified accountant with small practice accounting experience

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had graduated from the university of birmingham woth a 2:1 in accountig and finance bsc back im 2015, since then i had been employed by a small accountancy practice with a training contract, however i was dissapointed with the salary being 15k.

For the past 2 years ive been able to prepare accounts, vat returns, corp tax and also had secondment in payroll. I however havent had the opportunity yet to go out and face clients (behind the scenes work) or supervise others at work. Ive had a rocky first year at work regarding my performance however i am slowly picking things up.

I am part qualified with 4 professional exams left and hoping to qualify in summer of 2018 (3 years practical experience completed)

My question is, what salary range should i be on when i fully qualify in a years time and at my current level of experience? I feel as if i wont make a good professional accountant.

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Salary ranges can vary quite widely. Once qualified you can expect upwards of £30k, but you'll see job ads for less than that for qualified accountants as well.

Ask a Question