USA Scholarship Fund Question

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am a board member of a 503c Non-Profit. A few years ago a scholarship fund was started with the monies coming from donations made specifically for this purpose. Recently, the treasurer of our organization, combined these monies into the funds of the organization. In doing so, they recorded it on our general ledger as sponsorship donations from 2 of the individuals who had donated in the past. This didn't seem correct in my opinion, however I wanted to verify before I proceeded further in questioning the treasurers accounting practices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Becky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Your post was stuck in the moderation queue, but I have approved it now for you. Welcome to the forum!

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
There are court cases that rule that a donation for a specific intent must be honored or the donor can get the donation back. Before you call your treasurer a bozo, best to ask why the specific purpose was ignored. Maybe the treasurer is just following how the govt does this sort of thing all the time.:)

Ask a Question