Sell and buy stocks many times a year,- Does this generate high tax?

Reaction score
This maybe a stupid question:

I like to follow very " HOT" stocks which I expect that its price will go up for a while then fall down, and held this kind of stocks for a short period until I think their value depreciate...So I repeat doing this . I was wondering if there is a high tax imposed on activity like that? Another question, If i own a stock a little while and I choose to sell a propotion of its instead of selling all out and keep the rest. For example, I owned 200 shares of stock for a month, then I decided to sell 170 of it and keep the rest of 30. In this case, will I be taxed at a higher tax for these gians are short term ??

Thanks for ur help!!

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
According to your description, you reap some short term capital gains and whose tax rate is the same as your income tax rate ranging from 10% to 35%, really higher than the long term capital gains tax rate which ranges from 5% to 15%. If you use tax software such as TradeMax, it will calculate your taxes throughout the year.

Ask a Question