USA Should costs of non-working components be capitalized?

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have a capital project for equipment which the vendor wired wrong. The wiring needed to be redone by a third party. Should an estimate be made of the price for wiring paid to the original equipment manufacturer and expensed?

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I believe this should be capitalized as well. Even though it is an extra cost, it is still a cost required to get the equipment in good working order. It doesn't qualify as 'maintenance' so I don't think it can be expensed.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe this should be capitalized as well. Even though it is an extra cost, it is still a cost required to get the equipment in good working order. It doesn't qualify as 'maintenance' so I don't think it can be expensed.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have a capital project for equipment which the vendor wired wrong. The wiring needed to be redone by a third party. Should an estimate be made of the price for wiring paid to the original equipment manufacturer and expensed?
Thanks Steve.
Thanks Steve!

Ask a Question