USA Should I pursue to become a CPA?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all. I have a very serious question... I have passed two exams so far, and my first exam expires on 12/31/2020. I'm debating whether or not I should take the last two exams next month. (I already took these two last month, but got 70 and 73...) Also, I'm currently working full-time but not under the direct supervision of a CPA. But to get the license, I know I have to work at least one year under a CPA. I'm very satisfied with my current job and I never plan to ever work at a public accounting firm or public companies in the future... Only reason I took the exams was I had invested so much time, money and efforts before I got my current job, I just couldn't stop. In this situation, what would be you guys' best advice for me to take...?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi rshlee

Those scores were close to passing. Give it another try as you are halfway there.

Good Luck
Kat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would say to public accounting, "kiss my arse!"

Reaction score
Country
United States
You didn't mention what exams you already passed. Regardless, you got a 70 and 73 on the other two which is really really close. I assume your credits would expire before you finish the other 2 exams, given the fact you only have about 2 weeks left. But I wouldn't give up, you already got this far. Regardless if you're going to work in public accounting or not, a CPA license would open doors for you in every industry, so why not?

Get a good CPA review course and pass the rest of them, you're almost there. I use Roger and I think his course is great, the lectures are engaging, not boring and the material is structured in a very intuitive way that makes it easy to follow and understand. I think they offer a free trial version as well, so give it a try, nothing to lose... Good luck!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would go for this. Thinking about how far you've gone, it would be a shame for the hard work to be all for naught. What drives me is the prestige and the monetary reward that is gained with having the credential. I'm currently studing for the CPA exam using UWorld Roger, and hope to make it through successfully.

Ask a Question