Should I study Accounting/AIS or MIS?

Reaction score
I just transferred to a 4 year university, and I applied for MIS. The fall quarter will start soon, and I still dont know if I live MIS or not. I like Accounting too. I'm planning to get a master degree. My dream is to start my own business so which major is better for me?

The Cons pp told me about MIS: as I get older I will not able to update my skills like the young students, and I will get laid off and will be hard to find a different job because company like young smart students and salary is also low because they have no experience.

I'm so indecisive, I need to figure this out now before too late. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Counterofbeans

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My dream is to start my own business so which major is better for me?
I've been told from numerous presidents that accounting is the best training about how to run/operate a business and I wholly agree.

Why?

Because accounting puts you into EVERYTHING when it comes to running a business. Put another way, all cash flows ultimately go through accounting & accounting has to understand what is going on with these cash flows.

Ask a Question