Should I use iDempiere for my small business?

Reaction score
I have a business consulting firm. I consult small businesses. I have a client that is considering using open source free accounting software iDempiere and I'm looking to hear from people who have experience with it. At my client's request, I am researching the pros and cons of iDempiere (and other open source free accounting systems).

I usually recommend QuickBooks for my clients.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems like a very powerful platform of the ERP niche. If you take the time to get into it, I think you can accommodate your customer's request.

On a side note, Quickbooks has got some really solid competition. I know they have hooked into the professional side of the accounting industry, so every accountant uses it, but it can be very limiting or downright painful to use in certain industries.

Hence, there are new platforms that are changing the monopoly. As professionals, be ready for the new wave of systems as your clients will be coming at you with them even more in the future.

Ask a Question