SIMPLE accounting software

Reaction score
Is there a reliable package out there, preferably one that works client/server, that is simple and straightforward accounting, without vendors and customers and inventory management and sales management and all the other extraneous stuff that I don't need or want?

I simply want to directly enter my journal entries (with my chart of accounts, not some preconfigured mess), post them, do my EOY closing, run reporting, etc. That's ALL I want it to do. Does something like this even exist?

Bre

Reaction score
Try OpenERP perhaps? I've never used it, but it is supposed to be highly configurable.

There is a free version, with the only difference between the non-free and free version being the inability to use modules not released to the public ("private modules") and no tech support.

Reaction score
try Soft Accounting Standard Version

Check Soft Accounting's Help Blog google keywords "soft accounting help" or like.

There is only Journal Entry and Cash Book Entry.

In return there are General Ledger, Cash Book Report, Subsidiary Ledgers, Cash Flow Statement and Trial Balance Reports.

Upgraded version to same functionality shall be available soon.

Regards!

Reaction score
Simply Accounting Bank Reconciliations

I am wondering about bank reconciliations using any simply accounting products. I happen to use Sage Simply Accounting 2012 with payroll. I was recently told by an accountant that the Simply Accounting programs do not give you accurate bank reconciliations? Has anyone ever heard this? I find it strange that this is possible. Thanks for any response.

Reaction score
Is there a reliable package out there, preferably one that works client/server, that is simple and straightforward accounting, without vendors and customers and inventory management and sales management and all the other extraneous stuff that I don't need or want?

I simply want to directly enter my journal entries (with my chart of accounts, not some preconfigured mess), post them, do my EOY closing, run reporting, etc. That's ALL I want it to do. Does something like this even exist?
I was in the same boat as you, and needed something simple for the business that I recently started. I tried various accounting packages, and none of them were simple enough for my need. Then, a friend recommended me Accrual by Simplifysoft and I have been using it ever since. Judging from your post, Accrual may also be what you need. It's a simple, straightforward accounting software without the extra bloat. You do need to know how to do your journal though. Another thing that I like about Accrual is that I can export my report to Excel file, and from there I can do anything with the report. It also produce some of the neatest report I have ever seen.

I don't have the url with me, but try googling "simplifysoft". They also allow you to try the software for free for a limited time.

Reaction score
You use Peachtree accounting software.It is easy to use but the software require basic accounting principle.(You must know what is debit & what is credit.) I am using Peachtree Accounting software since 2002.If you face any diffeculty pls contract me through email.

Reaction score
Does Peachtree accounting software work with respect to accounting for taxes?

Reaction score
Hi,

Everyone has their favourites and all the reps of the different providers are obviously touting their own products. At the end of the day, it's the user that needs to be satisfied with the package that they will be using. Accounting Software is a label that has probably inhibited the marketability of said applications. The products are actually Business Software with the added advantage of your accounts being neatly collated in the background.

In other words, choose the package that you find most appropriate for running your business on. Not all the packages offer the same functionality but don't be fooled into paying a lot extra for functionality you will never use or volumes of transactions you will never reach, unless you expect your business to grow into these. The majority of packages can be trialled for free in a matter of minutes and will give you a good idea as to whether they meet your needs.

Gidon Bethlehem

AccountsPortal
Online Accounting Software

Ask a Question