Simply Accounting

Reaction score
I am wondering about bank reconciliations using any simply accounting products. I happen to use Sage Simply Accounting 2012 with payroll. I was recently told by an accountant that the Simply Accounting programs do not give you accurate bank reconciliations? Has anyone ever heard this? I never have a problem with bank recs and they show I am reconciled, but the accountant says they are not truly reconciled? I find it strange that this is possible. Thanks for any response.

Reaction score
hmmm. Well I think you should go back to the accountant and ask him to explain it.

If the bank reconciles then it reconciles. And I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a Sage issue (although I'm not a big fan of sage).

However, as an example, an accountant might make adjustments to your end of year accounting records which you subsequently need to make in Sage. If Sage has been rolled into the next financial year it becomes tricky to make those adjustments. It doesnt "unreconcile your bank" but it does mean that your accounts dont reconcile to your accountants...

Goodluck

Ask a Question