UK Small uk limited company corporation tax

Reaction score
I am a small plumbing company In the uk. I would like some guidance on my ct600 form.
In my cost of sales I have included wages, materials, some tools (as I did not know where to put them) and an item of clothing which I know must be wrong.

I have put everything including my van. tax, repairs, insurance, breakdown cover under distribution costs.
Office equipment, admin, advertising and public liability insurance under administrative costs.

If the above is completely wrong please point it out.

I switched from a sole trader to limited company, I signed my van over to the company. I want to purchase my van and all my current tools worth about £2500 from myself. Where can I claim for this on the ct600??? The only sections I have are cost of sales, distribution costs and administrative costs. Then it gives me an option for any other gains or losses not listed on the profit or loss. I thought purchase of my van and tools could go here but it says revaluation surplus????

Reaction score
Best advice: Get an accountant. There's an awful lot that can go wrong here (and obviously is - a van's a capital item, not a distribution cost, to start with). I appreciate that you're probably trying to save some money here, but in the end it's probably going to cost you more than using an accountant - and I'm not only talking about the CT600 here, I'm talking about the right/ most tax efficient amount of remuneration, dividend distributions, s419 tax if you're not careful ... running a limited company is much more complex than you might think and it can go very wrong if you don't know what you're doing.

I'm not a plumber and I wouldn't try to fix my dripping tap myself because I know I'd just end up with a flooded house. It pays to get an expert.

Ask a Question