SO Manager on a separate PC?


Z

zzee

Is it possible to have just Store Operations Manager on a separate PC?
I want it on a laptop so I can print labels from there.
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

MarcR

You can install and run Store Manager on a separate PC. Install RMS as
usual (Store Ops, Administor and POS). Everything will work except POS,
which needs a license for each PC it runs on. You can skip the server
installation. After the install, run Store Ops Administrator and set the
config to point to your server and database.

Marc
 
C

Craig Wood

Marc,

I thought you needed the server install if you wanted to connect over a
network, or else you had to download a few of the components separately(like
backward compatibility). I always just installed the server also just to
make sure I had all of the components necessary. It only takes a few extra
minutes. Also helps in case you need an emergency backup system in case you
have a hard drive failure. Everything's already there, just restore the
database from your last backup.

Craig
 
M

MarcR

The only reason I can think of for installing the server on auxiliary PCs is
if you are using the offline database for POS. This way the POS on that PC
would be independent of the main server if it fails (or the network
connection fails) and be able to run in offline mode. I leave the server off
on a few of my 'office' machines.

As for your point, the only drawback I can immediately think of to
installing and running the server on these other PCs would be disk space and
system resource use, which may be negligible on most newer PCs.

Marc
 
R

rfhone leung

asdfsadf



zzee wrote:

SO Manager on a separate PC?
05-Jul-10

Is it possible to have just Store Operations Manager on a separate PC
I want it on a laptop so I can print labels from there.

Previous Posts In This Thread:

SO Manager on a separate PC?
Is it possible to have just Store Operations Manager on a separate PC
I want it on a laptop so I can print labels from there.

You can install and run Store Manager on a separate PC.
You can install and run Store Manager on a separate PC. Install RMS a
usual (Store Ops, Administor and POS). Everything will work except POS
which needs a license for each PC it runs on. You can skip the serve
installation. After the install, run Store Ops Administrator and set th
config to point to your server and database

Mar


On 7/5/2010 11:21 PM, zzee wrote:

Marc,I thought you needed the server install if you wanted to connect over
Marc

I thought you needed the server install if you wanted to connect over
network, or else you had to download a few of the components separately(lik
backward compatibility). I always just installed the server also just t
make sure I had all of the components necessary. It only takes a few extr
minutes. Also helps in case you need an emergency backup system in case yo
have a hard drive failure. Everything's already there, just restore th
database from your last backup

Craig

The only reason I can think of for installing the server on auxiliary PCs isif
The only reason I can think of for installing the server on auxiliary PCs i
if you are using the offline database for POS. This way the POS on that P
would be independent of the main server if it fails (or the networ
connection fails) and be able to run in offline mode. I leave the server of
on a few of my 'office' machines

As for your point, the only drawback I can immediately think of t
installing and running the server on these other PCs would be disk space an
system resource use, which may be negligible on most newer PCs

Marc


Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
BizTalk: Parallel Processing with Correlation
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...alk-parallel-processing-with-correlation.aspx
 
R

rfhone leung

asdfsdf



zzee wrote:

SO Manager on a separate PC?
05-Jul-10

Is it possible to have just Store Operations Manager on a separate PC
I want it on a laptop so I can print labels from there.

Previous Posts In This Thread:

SO Manager on a separate PC?
Is it possible to have just Store Operations Manager on a separate PC
I want it on a laptop so I can print labels from there.

You can install and run Store Manager on a separate PC.
You can install and run Store Manager on a separate PC. Install RMS a
usual (Store Ops, Administor and POS). Everything will work except POS
which needs a license for each PC it runs on. You can skip the serve
installation. After the install, run Store Ops Administrator and set th
config to point to your server and database

Mar


On 7/5/2010 11:21 PM, zzee wrote:

Marc,I thought you needed the server install if you wanted to connect over
Marc

I thought you needed the server install if you wanted to connect over
network, or else you had to download a few of the components separately(lik
backward compatibility). I always just installed the server also just t
make sure I had all of the components necessary. It only takes a few extr
minutes. Also helps in case you need an emergency backup system in case yo
have a hard drive failure. Everything's already there, just restore th
database from your last backup

Craig

The only reason I can think of for installing the server on auxiliary PCs isif
The only reason I can think of for installing the server on auxiliary PCs i
if you are using the offline database for POS. This way the POS on that P
would be independent of the main server if it fails (or the networ
connection fails) and be able to run in offline mode. I leave the server of
on a few of my 'office' machines

As for your point, the only drawback I can immediately think of t
installing and running the server on these other PCs would be disk space an
system resource use, which may be negligible on most newer PCs

Marc

sdfasf
asdfsadf


Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
BizTalk: Parallel Processing with Correlation
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...alk-parallel-processing-with-correlation.aspx
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

rfhone leung

The answer is in this website:http://registryfix123.com



zzee wrote:

SO Manager on a separate PC?
05-Jul-10

Is it possible to have just Store Operations Manager on a separate PC
I want it on a laptop so I can print labels from there.

Previous Posts In This Thread:

SO Manager on a separate PC?
Is it possible to have just Store Operations Manager on a separate PC
I want it on a laptop so I can print labels from there.

You can install and run Store Manager on a separate PC.
You can install and run Store Manager on a separate PC. Install RMS a
usual (Store Ops, Administor and POS). Everything will work except POS
which needs a license for each PC it runs on. You can skip the serve
installation. After the install, run Store Ops Administrator and set th
config to point to your server and database

Mar


On 7/5/2010 11:21 PM, zzee wrote:

Marc,I thought you needed the server install if you wanted to connect over
Marc

I thought you needed the server install if you wanted to connect over
network, or else you had to download a few of the components separately(lik
backward compatibility). I always just installed the server also just t
make sure I had all of the components necessary. It only takes a few extr
minutes. Also helps in case you need an emergency backup system in case yo
have a hard drive failure. Everything's already there, just restore th
database from your last backup

Craig

The only reason I can think of for installing the server on auxiliary PCs isif
The only reason I can think of for installing the server on auxiliary PCs i
if you are using the offline database for POS. This way the POS on that P
would be independent of the main server if it fails (or the networ
connection fails) and be able to run in offline mode. I leave the server of
on a few of my 'office' machines

As for your point, the only drawback I can immediately think of t
installing and running the server on these other PCs would be disk space an
system resource use, which may be negligible on most newer PCs

Marc

sdfasf
asdfsadf

sfasdf
asdfsdf


Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Win a free Professional license of CodeSmith Generator 5.2!
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...sional-license-of-codesmith-generator-52.aspx
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

rfhone leung

The answer is in this website:http://registryfix123.com



zzee wrote:

SO Manager on a separate PC?
05-Jul-10

Is it possible to have just Store Operations Manager on a separate PC
I want it on a laptop so I can print labels from there.

Previous Posts In This Thread:

SO Manager on a separate PC?
Is it possible to have just Store Operations Manager on a separate PC
I want it on a laptop so I can print labels from there.

You can install and run Store Manager on a separate PC.
You can install and run Store Manager on a separate PC. Install RMS a
usual (Store Ops, Administor and POS). Everything will work except POS
which needs a license for each PC it runs on. You can skip the serve
installation. After the install, run Store Ops Administrator and set th
config to point to your server and database

Mar


On 7/5/2010 11:21 PM, zzee wrote:

Marc,I thought you needed the server install if you wanted to connect over
Marc

I thought you needed the server install if you wanted to connect over
network, or else you had to download a few of the components separately(lik
backward compatibility). I always just installed the server also just t
make sure I had all of the components necessary. It only takes a few extr
minutes. Also helps in case you need an emergency backup system in case yo
have a hard drive failure. Everything's already there, just restore th
database from your last backup

Craig

The only reason I can think of for installing the server on auxiliary PCs isif
The only reason I can think of for installing the server on auxiliary PCs i
if you are using the offline database for POS. This way the POS on that P
would be independent of the main server if it fails (or the networ
connection fails) and be able to run in offline mode. I leave the server of
on a few of my 'office' machines

As for your point, the only drawback I can immediately think of t
installing and running the server on these other PCs would be disk space an
system resource use, which may be negligible on most newer PCs

Marc

sdfasf
asdfsadf

sfasdf
asdfsdf

May be I can help you?
The answer is in this website:http://registryfix123.com


Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
AJAX Web Service Driven Customers Table With Customer Details
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...en-customers-table-with-customer-details.aspx
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top