USA Some general questions about becoming an accountant

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys.

I really want to get a masters in science in accounting and a CPA. I am a college student and I have a 3.25/4 gpa and have 55 hours worth of college credit. I used to be business undeclared but am now an accounting major.

I did my first accounting class this summer and received an 85/100 with a fairly easy professor. I did struggle with some concepts though. I know that accounting gets harder but I heard that after the first few classes it gets easier because you know all the basics. Is this true?

Also my gpa is in the average range, if I want to get into my colleges 150 hour m.s program in accounting, would you generally say that my GPA is too low or good enough if I maintain it? I will be talking to my counselor about this next semester, but I am wondering if getting a masters in this field requires a well above average GPA, or will an average GPA do?

Thanks in advance.

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how the US education system works, so can't advise you on that. As to whether accounting gets easier after the first few classes, well I guess that's quite a subjective thing. Everybody is different and as with any subject, some people find it easier than others.

I wouldn't worry too much about the concepts though at such an early stage - they'll fall into place as you progress. Your main priority will be getting your head round debts & credits. Master the art of that, and you're well on your way.

Ask a Question