USA Soon to be graduate with experience in the feild

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am going to be graduating with my BS in Accounting in February 2015, and was looking for some advice. I have been working in the field for 6 years in various roles including AP, billing, even some financial analyst work in govt contracts. My husband is military, which has caused me to have to change jobs a couple time, also allowing for new experiences. I would like to continue on in my education to work towards a masters and eventually a CPA license.

My question is, what path should I take career wise. We are about to move (for the last time hopefully) and I would like to get out of the type of work I am in now (mainly clerical accounting), and into a position that would allow me to work up to a senior level. Long term goal is to be in auditing, possibly forensic accounting. Would it behoove me to apply with CPA firms as an intern? Or given my degree and experience should I be looking for a staff position? I really don't know what I would qualify for, and an concerned at my lack of experience working directly for a CPA. I don't have a lot of general ledger experience either. Any Advice would be appreciated!

Shanna:confused:

Reaction score
You should be able to land a staff accountant role with a firm for after graduation.

how old are you? Are you aware of the difficulty of the cpa exam? You cannot get discouraged. I failed once (sigh..)

also i too am interested in forensic. Im planning on going into the fbi (accounting is one of the four ways to get in)

Ask a Question