Starter jobs question

Reaction score
I am still in college and my biggest fear is not finding work when I complete school next spring. I am kind of looking around for work now to make it a bit easier for when I do get out of school. However, I live in a small city and not a lot of work running around here. My goal here is to open up some horizon for me and see what's out there.

What I am looking for mostly is some type of starter job that I can do online. I know that is rare, but it's not unheard of. It will make it easier for me while I finish school and it'll allow me to get some experience on my belt. I am looking for advice on how to go about accomplishing this. I know it is possible, I just don't know where to look is my problem.

Also, my 2nd question is... How hard is it to get into gov. accounting? My friend told me I should get into Federal acct. vs State acct. if I was to go into that direction. With that in mind, how do I go about finding out what the requirements are and what resources are good for that sort of thing.

My main goal in the end is to find something that will allow me to start at the bottom basically and allow me to grow with the experience. But I don't have a clue of how to find a position like that because everywhere I look, they want at least 2 yrs exp. However, how can one get the exp. if they can't get the foot in the door!! :confused:

Thank you for any advice.

Ask a Question