starting first accountant job...advice?

Reaction score
i start my first post school accounting job (staff accountant) in a couple weeks:cool:. i graduated about 2 years ago, so things are a little fuzzy. anyone have any advice on what i should do to prepare? right now i'm just working through a schaums accounting study guide.

Reaction score
Same boat here

The only thing I can say is that it seems like most of the work is compilation and s-corp taxes. The hardest thing is getting the information we need from the clients. I am stuck at a basic bank reconciliation because I only have the last month's statement and it doesn't seem like anyone has reconciled this particular account before.

Reaction score
i'm actually going to be working for a non profit organization.

Reaction score
It is funny that there are two threads about the same subject within the last couple of days.

Congrats on the new job. If I were you I would just read as much as you can and ask a lot of questions. Just be receptive to all the information coming in and you will be fine.

Reaction score
You just need to be confident and just read basic and general terms.You will not face much problem as your other skills automatically helps you.
All the best!!

Ask a Question