USA Student need help

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi everybody I am a accounting student and I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right spot but I have been looking for some help with some problems I am having. So a little background I am 26 yrs old I am a us army veteran/currently disable for ptsd I know accounting and ptsd don't match but the work helps relax and I enjoy it I have wife and kids and, enrolled for associates degree in accounting at local community college. I want to get my bachelors degree and cpa but as I have looked if I finish the associates degree which I have 2 semesters left I wouldn't get credited for all of the classes when I transfer (the only classes I got left are accounting classes)just two or three accounting classes would be accepted should I just go ahead and transfer to Appalachian state or unc or should I finish associates and then transfer. I just don't want to waste the time if I'm gonna have to take classes Over. Also if I add correctly I would be almost thirty yrs old when I finish to me this seems old is this too late to start my career? Any thoughts and advices would greatly be appreciated

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Work out which will take longer, transferring now, or finishing your associates degree and using the credits to shorten your bachelors. Just go for whichever is the fastest. The sooner you are into the workforce the better.

Even 130 years old is fine. It's never too late to start a new career path :) It won't be as easy landing that first job amongst a cohort of eager 21 year olds, but once you do it'll be an even playing field again.

Ask a Question