Super Validate keystrokes for Win7 Parallels8 VM running under OSX 10.8?

B

bartt.shelton

Q2014 HB
Mac OSX 10.8
Parallels 8
Win 7 Pro

I've got a remote controlled Mac (OSX 10.8), running Parallels8 + Win7 + Q2014 HB.

A file on the remote Mac exhibited symptoms that, in all of my experience, clearly indicated corruption.

I've restored an earlier copy, but repeated Validation on the restored copybrings the same Validation errors, no matter how many times I run Validation (pertinent errors below). I'm no longer seeing clear indicators of corruption on the restored copy, except for the Validation errors. Since I'm dealing with a file that I just restored & could restore again, fairly easily, I wanted to do a Super Validate.

I'm familiar with the Super Validate functionality while running a native Windows machine (hold Ctrl+Shft while performing a Validate). But when I was on a Windows machine & remotely controlling the Mac, I couldn't invoke the Super Validate functionality. Apparently, the Ctrl+Shft keys don't transmit from my Windows machine, thru the remote Mac, to the Parallels remote machine.

If it's not possible via remote control, I'll have the Mac in my possessionthis weekend.

pertinent Validate errors:
<snip>
QDF:
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Damaged data record.
Validating your data.

QEL:
No read errors.

QEL:
All internal consistency checks passed.

[Mon Jun 30 21:28:18 2014]
Validation has completed.

Ad

Advertisements

D

danbrown

Q2014 HB

Mac OSX 10.8

Parallels 8

Win 7 Pro

I've got a remote controlled Mac (OSX 10.8), running Parallels8 + Win7 + Q2014 HB.

A file on the remote Mac exhibited symptoms that, in all of my experience, clearly indicated corruption.

I've restored an earlier copy, but repeated Validation on the restored copy brings the same Validation errors, no matter how many times I run Validation (pertinent errors below). I'm no longer seeing clear indicators of corruption on the restored copy, except for the Validation errors. Since I'mdealing with a file that I just restored & could restore again, fairly easily, I wanted to do a Super Validate.

I'm familiar with the Super Validate functionality while running a nativeWindows machine (hold Ctrl+Shft while performing a Validate). But when I was on a Windows machine & remotely controlling the Mac, I couldn't invoke the Super Validate functionality. Apparently, the Ctrl+Shft keys don't transmit from my Windows machine, thru the remote Mac, to the Parallels remotemachine.

If it's not possible via remote control, I'll have the Mac in my possession this weekend.

pertinent Validate errors:

<snip>

QDF:

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Damaged data record.

Validating your data.

QEL:

No read errors.

QEL:

All internal consistency checks passed.

[Mon Jun 30 21:28:18 2014]

Validation has completed.
This the peril of running Q remotely ... a corrupted data file that even the various Validates can't repair. Looks to me like you're screwed.
db

Ask a Question