USA The Website Accounting Coach

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been using the website Accounting Coach to learn some accounting with the hopes it will help me become a better investor. I am wondering how the material in the website Accounting Coach compares with Accounting 101 at a college.

Thank You
Bob

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
scanning through it, it would appear to be reasonably detailed and cover the basic topics of accounting 101, at least sufficient enough to become a bookkeeper. However, I would not equate this to an entire 3-4 year degree in accounting as there are plenty of topics covered in an accounting program that are not covered here.

To become a better investor, I would focus on Corporate Finance. Specifically, I recommend a book called Financial Shenanigans, by Howard Schilit. It gives a good understanding of financial ratios and the importance of fundamentals, while also providing you with specific examples of what the ratios mean in the real world.

Ask a Question