Transferring data from Bank of America


D

DannyD

I have quicken 04 and it used to get the checking account info from
bank of america online every night like clockwork. Two days ago this
stopped. It goes through the motions of transferring data but there is
nothing there. I can see the transactions when I go to BOA Online; they
just aren't getting into quicken anymore. The weird thing is that there
are no error messages so the passwords are all ok.
Any Ideas?
thanks
dannyd
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

John Pollard

DannyD said:
I have quicken 04 and it used to get the checking account info
from
bank of america online every night like clockwork. Two days
ago this
stopped. It goes through the motions of transferring data but
there is
nothing there. I can see the transactions when I go to BOA
Online;
they just aren't getting into quicken anymore. The weird thing
is
that there are no error messages so the passwords are all ok.
What type of download; web-connect or direct?

When you say "there is nothing there", do you mean that the
"Compare To Register" window does not appear? Is there an
orange "flag" to the left of the account name in the Account Bar
(left column) on the Home screen (possibly indicating
transactions were downloaded)? Do you have Quicken in an NTFS
partition?

If the above describes your problem, close Quicken, take a look
for a file named "qw_ouss_ss.dll" in your Quicken program folder
and see if it has its archive attribute on or off. If the
archive attribute is off, turn it on (check it), restart Quicken
and see if the Compare To Register window will open for the
checking account ... or try another download.

If this is your problem, it is probably caused by your backup
software resetting the archive attribute. See the archives at
Google for examples of scripts/command files to run Quicken
after setting the archive flag.
 
D

DannyD

it's a direct connection to BOA, (I had to call boa to get it
activated). The weird thing is that it has worked flawlessly for 2+
years and now it just doesn't work. I have tried the download manually
and it says "there is no data available, are you sure you want to do
it" I hit "try anyway" and nothing comes down to quicken. Like it isn't
seeing it.

Yes the "compare to register" window does not appear. If that is what
i'm thinking of. (at work now) It usually downloads my list of recent
transactions and in quicken I go through and "accept" each one.

I do have it on and NTFS partition. I will try the archive setting for
the dll and let you know.
thanks
dannyd
 
D

DannyD

The dll was set to archive so that wasn't the issue.

I called the bank last night and I did find on OL error code in
quicken. (OL-343-A I think as I'm at work now) It was connecting to the
server but nothing was coming over. They figured that the qdf file was
corrupted. We went through the steps of creating a brand new file and
we downloaded the data for the last 3 months without a hitch. My
problem with this is that I have data from 1996 and she basically said
that I would have to start over with this new file and refer to the old
one if I need to look at data.

After getting off the phone I had to look further into this. I finally
tracked it down to the "keep bill pay up to date" setting. If I
unchecked that, it would download the data. I will just Deactivate the
online bill pay. (which I really don't use)

It just makes me wonder if the qdf file gets corrupted over time. Like
I said earlier, I have data from 1996 in my quicken register. I would
hate to lose that. I do back it up to CD every couple of days, though.
DannyD
 
J

John Pollard

DannyD said:
The dll was set to archive so that wasn't the issue.

I called the bank last night and I did find on OL error code
in
quicken. (OL-343-A I think as I'm at work now) It was
connecting to
the server but nothing was coming over. They figured that the
qdf
file was corrupted. We went through the steps of creating a
brand new
file and we downloaded the data for the last 3 months without
a
hitch. My problem with this is that I have data from 1996 and
she
basically said that I would have to start over with this new
file and
refer to the old one if I need to look at data.

After getting off the phone I had to look further into this. I
finally
tracked it down to the "keep bill pay up to date" setting. If
I
unchecked that, it would download the data. I will just
Deactivate the
online bill pay. (which I really don't use)

It just makes me wonder if the qdf file gets corrupted over
time. Like
I said earlier, I have data from 1996 in my quicken register.
I would
hate to lose that. I do back it up to CD every couple of days,
though.
You can try Validate and Super-Validate; they may find/fix some
problems, no guarantee of either. Backup before trying these
and checkout your data carefully afterward to see if matters
might have gotten worse.
 
J

John Pollard

DannyD wrote:

I called the bank last night and I did find on OL error code
in
quicken. (OL-343-A I think as I'm at work now) It was
connecting to
the server but nothing was coming over. They figured that the
qdf
file was corrupted.
Forgot to mention: some error numbers have kb articles at
Intuit's support web site, but 343 does not seem to; so it could
matter if you have gotten the number wrong, it is possible there
could be some additional info available.
 
Ad

Advertisements

K

Ken G

John, I use Validate regularly from the Quicken File Operations menu, but
what is "Super-Validate"? (I use Quicken 2003XG).

...ken...
 
J

John Pollard

Ken said:
John, I use Validate regularly from the Quicken File
Operations menu,
but what is "Super-Validate"? (I use Quicken 2003XG).

...ken...
Basically, you hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys while doing a
validate: you start holding them down before you click Validate
and keep holding them down until the validate finishes.
 
C

Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

John Pollard said:
Basically, you hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys while doing a
validate: you start holding them down before you click Validate
and keep holding them down until the validate finishes.
But keep in mind that Intuit has never publically stated what Validate and Super
Validate do. There was a unofficial Intuit person here some time back that said
that Super Validate was very risky to use.
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

John Pollard

Clark said:
But keep in mind that Intuit has never publically stated what
Validate and Super Validate do. There was a unofficial Intuit
person
here some time back that said that Super Validate was very
risky to
use.
Very true, I read the same thing, and that's the reason I
recommend backing up before trying either validate or
super-validate. If you backup, I believe you have little to
lose; and even if the validate or super-validate makes the
resulting file worse than it was, you *may* still learn whether
Quicken thinks there is anything wrong with your data, which is
useful information.
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top