USA Trial Balance in PeachTree is unbalanced

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have an unbalanced trial balance in peach tree that was perfectly balanced when I ran it last - around Feb 2023. The curious thing is that my 2022 balance is now off as well, and it didn't used to be. 2022 is off by my 2021 owners withdrawls, and 2023 is off by my combined 2021 and 2022 withdrawls. Any ideas of what might cause that? We close PT properly every year, and the closing went smooth, like I said everything was in balance until last month.
One possibility: The owner was in PeachTree (I've told him not too), and he changed the company name and may have changed the company type, but he can't remember. I can tell he changed the name. We are an S, and that's what it says, but I don't know what it used to say, but it should have been s. Could that have done something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have an unbalanced trial balance in peach tree that was perfectly balanced when I ran it last - around Feb 2023. The curious thing is that my 2022 balance is now off as well, and it didn't used to be. 2022 is off by my 2021 owners withdrawls, and 2023 is off by my combined 2021 and 2022 withdrawls. Any ideas of what might cause that? We close PT properly every year, and the closing went smooth, like I said everything was in balance until last month.
One possibility: The owner was in PeachTree (I've told him not too), and he changed the company name and may have changed the company type, but he can't remember. I can tell he changed the name. We are an S, and that's what it says, but I don't know what it used to say, but it should have been s. Could that have done something? Any help is greatly appreciated.
1. Identify which month it started to become unbalanced,
Compare all subsidiaries individually to each general ledger account, a/p, a/r, sales, purchase, cash receipt, check register, bank reconciliation, so on.
If an error discovered, correct and post it.

Ask a Question