USA Trouble finding work

Reaction score
Hey guys first time poster.

I recently graduated in May and have been having a lot of trouble finding work. I've had at least 8 interviews but never seem to be able to close the deal. I have a 4 year accounting degree and a DUI from 2 years ago on my record. Just looking to break into the field AP AR GL analystics staff I'd even do book keeping. Any advice you guys can give? Thanks!

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That DUI will hurt. I'd start off at the very bottom as a bookeeper if need be and then work your way up. You'll have to prove that you're past your past.

Reaction score
The dui wont just hurt in many cases the company will see it in a background check. U NEED to go back and do whtever you can to get it off your record.

if you cant, bookkeeper it is im afraid....

Good luck my friend.

P.S. i had about 6 interviews with cpa firms before landing an offer. I took it. Job in three weeks.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Would suggest getting "bonded" ....as a notary. That looks good on a resume. Furthermore, I would not even bring it up anywhere as many HR people can't fathom skills, experience and education beyond their own negative buzz words. I have used 3 different versions of my resume: dumber (basic education and skills) up to actual experience,skills and education. Many times the hiring official does not want to look worse than the new employee; and there is actual age discrimination rampant also. You have to gauge the environment and decide if you really, really want to work there or maybe working for a small business is much saner, happier and less stressful. Less money, true; but that's a personal choice. Good luck and best wishes to you!

Ask a Question