UK Trust accounting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am involved with a trust and I filed tax return with R185 information from the trusts accountants for a non-dis payment.
The trust accountants say it an Interest in possision trust, but the trustees may have the power to accumulate the income. so no dispusal of the income has been made.
The Trustees say it an disgressary trust, and they have the power to accumulate, therefore no dispusal is made, other than the tax liability that occurred.
How can both be right?
I read up on the Pearson case, but would there a difference in tax payable by the trust or me and would this explains the confusion?
We have asked to see the trust documents and accounts, since 2010 but they are refusing.

Can anybody please explain what mite be going on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well on the threat of going to court, they have produced the trust document, 11 months after first requesting them, and it turned out to be an interest in possision trust.
They produced on page of one years accounts, and will not release the rest, unless we sign an confidential agreed, not to use the information in the future for any other reason.

Would you sign the agreement, or read it that they got something to hide, and go to court to get it, without signing the document?

Ask a Question