U.S. minor with non U.S. parents taxation in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Individuals' started by Annie_Khan, Nov 21, 2014.

  1. Annie_Khan


    Nov 21, 2014
    Likes Received:

    I would really appreciate it if someone can help me with this question I have.

    What tax rate a U.S. minor have to pay if he earns over $10,000 US on interest and dividends from Investment accounts he has in the U.S., however his parents does not file tax returns because they are non U.S. persons. I do know that the U.S. minor will have to file a form 1040 and 8615 (not too sure about this form) but what rate will IRS use to tax his income?

    Thank you. :confused:
    Annie_Khan, Nov 21, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.