Unemployment Taxes


Ed Brown

Our state (TX) does not have an individual Income Tax, but does have
employer expense for unemployment insurance tax. On a new employee, I
failed to enter the state and the tax was not calculated. I have since
entered the information for subsequent reporting, but can't figure a way
to back track the other (2) checks so the employer contribution can be
allocated to the employees payroll report. I did manually calculate the
tax and wrote a check so the tax would be paid. However, I am interested
in correcting my previous mistake.

Any help would be appreciated.


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Similar Threads