Urgent need for advise: Form 8379 - Injured Spouse Form



I need to file a Injured Spouse Allocation Form, and i have
no idea on how to do it. Please help, Does anyone know where
i can find a completed sample form that would show me how to
fill out lines 7,7a,7b. I don't understand theses high tech
terms that the goverment uses. Does anyone have any answers?

Thanks alot,
Last edited by a moderator:





For Line 7a, Wages:
1. column a, enter the total wages you and your wife earned
in the year in question.

2. column b, enter the wages that were earned by the injured
spouse, that is, the spouse that did not owe the past due
child support, taxes, etc. this is usually the wife but not
3. column c, enter the wages for the other spouse.

NOTE: The amount in column a should equal the sum of the
amounts in columns b and c.

Ex. You owed child support, you had wages of $30,000 and
your wife had wages of $28,000 and you filed a 2005 joint
tax return showing a refund of $3,500, all of which was
offset to pay your past due child support (so your wife is
the injured spouse).

Fill out Form 8379 like this:

[ Moderator:
This is what happens with normal line wrap via the internet
and is the reason you should limit your line length to 60
cps. I have cleaned it up in the past, but no more. ]

Joint info Injured spouse
Other spouse
Column a Column b
Column c
line 7a $58,000 $28,000 $30,000

line 9 $10000 $5000
standard deduction

line 10 2 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question