USA Way Forward

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I graduated with a Bachelors in Accounting about 20yrs back from Country A. I got a job and did basic account balancing.

I then moved to manage a family business and I have been doing that for the past 10yrs.

I have now moved to Country B (USA)

I am determined in getting back into the workforce; unfortunately I am totally outdated -- I have now experience with all the "modern accounting system/software."

What would you suggest is the best move I should take --note money and time is not an issue:

• Go back to college to get another Bachelors in Accounting here in the USA in order to catch up with things and start afresh (would take about 2yrs to complete --transfer credit).
  • Go back to college to get a Masters in Accounting and try to pick up from there and start applying for jobs (1.5yrs to complete).
  • Take certificate course/certificate programs that teaches the use of software currently used in the accounting sector and start applying for jobs (couple of months)

Last edited:

Ask a Question