Canada What is the difference between a bookkeeper and an accountant?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bookkeepers handle the books, do journal and ledger entries, can make reports and financial statements. I believe an accountant is a little higher level, needs a little deeper level of understanding of what the accounting information means.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Bookkeepers handle the books, do journal and ledger entries, can make reports and financial statements. I believe an accountant is a little higher level, needs a little deeper level of understanding of what the accounting information means.
What kind of education/skills does one need in order to be a bookkeeper compared to an accountant?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What kind of education/skills does one need in order to be a bookkeeper compared to an accountant?
One should have a bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance and need strong skills in Math.

Reaction score
Country
India
Bookkeeping is for recording of financial transactions. Accounting is for interpreting, classifying, analyzing, reporting and summarizing financial data.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Says it on the tin really. Bookkeepers keep the books in order and accountants take account of the financial data.

ana

Reaction score
Country
United States
An Accountant is who signs on the books, so he or she take responsibility about the information the bookeepe is providing about the company.

Ask a Question