What Level Do You Need To Certify Accounts??

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me. My son is trying to get into accountancy and he is thinking of passing all the ACCA Qualifications but is not currently thinking of completing ACCA’s practical experience requirements. How will these effect him if he wants to start up his own business?

Will he be at a level that he can legally certify peoples accounts without the practical experience requirements?

Your help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Jon

Reaction score
For him to be certified, he needs to meet the full requirement. At best, your son after passing the exams would be an affiliate and can help small businesses prepare tax returns and work as a bookkeepper while he gain the required practical experience to be certified.

Your son can take up a voluntary accounting job while studying for ACCA exams.

Reaction score
For him to be certified, he needs to meet the full requirement. At best, your son after passing the exams would be an affiliate and can help small businesses prepare tax returns and work as a bookkeepper while he gain the required practical experience to be certified.

Your son can take up a voluntary accounting job while studying for ACCA exams.
Hi Chinweike,

You had mentioned voluntary work within an accountancy firm and I was wondering if you might be in a position to point me in the correct direction.

I have recently completed a modular accountancy course through University of West of Scotland and bought the training content from Kaplan for the Foundations in Accountancy ACCA diploma. I was wondering if you could advise any firms or contacts within Glasgow that might be in a position to allow me to work with them if even on a part time basis voluntarily?

Many thanks in advance.

Gordon

Ask a Question