USA What program to choose.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have recently been chosen as the family member to help a older relative organize financial information. He is receiving IRS notifications. He has not filed taxes for the last decade. He's currently incapable of getting the information together by himesef.. He has bunches of un-organized receipts which i have began to sort by year. He was selling stuff online. He was purchasing items from thrift stores and close outs. He had a separate shop building with expenses.
I am needing help to know if there is a program that will allow me to enter his information across multiple years.
Maybe a program I can set up to enter expenses and incomes in multiple years or a program that I can run multiple copies of ( to cover multiple years ) .
We dont need invoicing, forecasting etc. Just past accounting of expenses and incomes.
The main well known programs dont seem to fit these needs.
I have contacted a tax attorney on his behalf and he advises I concentrate on the last 6 years.

I need help to find software that can allow multiple years entries as I continue to come to more and more receipts without completion of a previous year as we sort through his stuff. Just last night a folder of receipts from 2015 - 2017 was found in a book shelf. There will likely be more discoveries of such.
Its a nightmare. I need to work in multiple years.

Ideas and your expertise would be much appreciated.
Thank You

kirby

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sent you a detailed message.

Ask a Question