What type of calculator is best for a career in management accounts?

Reaction score
Hi all,
i intend to start a career in Management accountancy once i finish my studies,

i have an old scientific calculator from when i was in high school. and want to buy a new up-to-date calculator

So i was wondering what type of calculator is most helpful for career in management accounting?

is a scientific calculator really needed?

or maybe a standard calculator but with certain features to make performing calculations more user friendly?

i guess a calculator with a big screen, showing past calculations/results would be helpful?

- going through CIMA questions i realise it would be helpful if calaculator showed on the screen your recent calculations/answers, but not sure if calculators have this feature

thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi all,
i intend to start a career in Management accountancy once i finish my studies,

i have an old scientific calculator from when i was in high school. and want to buy a new up-to-date calculator

So i was wondering what type of calculator is most helpful for career in management accounting?

is a scientific calculator really needed?

or maybe a standard calculator but with certain features to make performing calculations more user friendly?

i guess a calculator with a big screen, showing past calculations/results would be helpful?

- going through CIMA questions i realise it would be helpful if calaculator showed on the screen your recent calculations/answers, but not sure if calculators have this feature

thanks
if you are looking for something that shows you previous calculations, you probably want to be getting an adding machine - this prints out as you type, so you can see what figures were used to calculate what figures (just incase you get yourself in a mess)

Ask a Question