India What version of QB to use?

Reaction score
Country
India
Hey people. Which version of QB do you like better and why, the desktop version or the online version?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Desktop all the way. From an accounting side, Quickbooks Online is less user friendly and also far more likely to let your clients persist in bad accounting behavior that will result in a costly cleanup at the end of the year. And on the other end of the equation, I've met several business owners/users who have made the switch from Desktop to Online over the past four years, but not a single one who didn't regret it afterward.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The desktop version of QB is much more robust. I've used both in practice prefer the desktop. Sadly, QB is trying to phase out the desktop version.

Reaction score
Country
India
I have used Online Version and did not get disappointed till now. Go with Online Version.

Drmdcpa

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Try Freshbooks. Robust as QB desktop is, it becomes too bulky. As I understand Freshbooks, you only pay for the parts you need.

Since a client turned me onto Freshbooks, I started recommending it. I continue to hear people having problems with QB desktop or on line even worse.

I told a client about the different software and the feedback I get from other clients as well as the reports I get from the different software. He did not listen and decided to do a 30 day trial run of each side by side. Within the first week, he sent me an email telling me others were correct. He abandoned QB and uses Freshbooks.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I had never heard of Freshbooks until I read this message. Is Freshbooks cloud based? Do they have Desktop version available also?

Reaction score
Country
India
The Desktop version is all the way better than the online version.
It is more reliable and robust than its online counterpart.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have used both versions, but was much satisfied with the Desktop version’s feature set. It ease work. Also, now I am hosting it on a cloud server, the hassles regarding the cloud server setup and IT stuff is taken up by the company which is providing the hosting services.

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
I have heard QBO has more or less the same features but its use is more dynamic.

Ask a Question