What's up - just starting out

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wanted to say hi to the community as I just started my accounting course a couple days ago. I'm currently learning the basics of financial statements - mainly looking at the balance sheet, journal entries & DR/CR ledger.

I am a couple days in and I think I'm doing fair so far. I took the liberty to peek a little further into the curriculum & I'm trying to learn more about P&L statements & statement of cash flows, just to get a nice head start.

I understand that financial statements are just the tip of the iceberg, but my accounting teacher said after the first few months it'll get easier.

What else do I need to look out for while I take this course? Apparently auditing is a hard aspect in the course, any feedback?

Steve-LevelUp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
There are many varying challenges regarding accounting, and in and of itself, many varying aspects that you can go in to. Auditing is one aspect. Personally, I am an internal operational controller. I am ill-equipped to be an effective external auditor without extensive re-training. Additionally, I know external auditors that have no idea how to strategically operate a receivables department.

So, for now, just learn about the nuts and bolts of accounting, and enjoy.

Ask a Question