USA Where do I mail my tax returns when applying overpayments to next year?

Sep 30, 2018
Reaction score
United States
We are applying our overpayments on state and federal taxes to next year's tax liability. Where do we mail our return? To the address that says: "Are requesting a refund or are not enclosing a check or money order... " or to the one that says "Are enclosing a check or money order... "

This can't be an unusual question, but it is never dealt with in tax return booklets. I assume it should be the one saying we are enclosing a check since we are applying a credit to next year's tax, but I'm not sure!

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question