UK Which course??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm currently a personal banker and currently on maternity leave which I'm due to go back in July. I've been looking into accountancy for a while now but I'm getting confused as to which path of study to take in terms of AAT, ACCA, CIMA etc....as part of my degree I studied some accounting modules bit I can't get exemption for them when I checked with AAT therefore I have some knowledge but it probably needs to be refreshed....also I'm worried that I'm 34 and changing my career now I don't want to go backwards as I nee to be going upwards especially with a baby now.....

:)

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Depends on what sort of Accountant you fancy being. ACCA/CIMA are the same level of professional qualification but they go down different routes. There is some overlap between them, but ACCA is more geared towards financial accounting, audit, tax. CIMA is more geared towards business analysis, planning, control, overall involvement in business strategy.

AAT is a qualification in its own right as an Accounting Technician (or 'part-qualified'), but it won't get you many exemptions from ACCA/CIMA exams should you want to do either of those. Not sure about CIMA, but AAT will only get you exemptions from the first four ACCA papers.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your reply that makes sense now and given me a better understanding of which will be better for me :)

Ask a Question