Working NYC or Abroad?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the forum and am looking for some advice. I will be graduating with my master in accounting this upcoming May 2013. I'm attending a great school in New York with a GPA of 3.7.

The question I have is if I should work in NYC, Long Island or abroad. Long Island is the most convenient office that will give me the best work/life balance, but I know of big opportunities in Manhattan. I have a huge desire to work internationally, thinking London or Germany. I'd like to gain international experience for sure, but I am unsure if working abroad as an entry level associate is the best idea.

I'm just looking for the smartest path to grow professionally. I know I can great experiences for each path, but I don't want to start my career off on the wrong foot.

Any advice is greatly welcomed.

Thanks!
Nick

Reaction score
IMO its best to start working locally first, try Manhattan. It would expose you to great learning. Afterwards, target huge companies abroad. You have a great plan and I am sure you would be big soon.:)

Ask a Question