Accounting degree vs Computer related degree

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding what my major should be. Those two different majors fit my personality. I have done a few tests online to come to that conclusion.

I have stayed up late last night. Comparing a Accounting Degree vs a I.T. degree. It's hard to pick between the two. This school does not do double majors I'm going to Walden University.
I think one drawback of a computer related degree is that the technology changes so fast. It's hard to keep up and another concern is retiring from a I.T. related field. If I do pick a I.T. related degree I won't have any real hands on experience just a degree.

Accounting does seem more stable than a I.T. degree. I do like working with numbers. I am a introvert personality so both careers suit me fine.

I just don't want to make the wrong choice and have wasted time and money. Hope someone here can help me out with this. Thank you.

Reaction score
You seem to be more in favour of accounts from what you say but go for what you will enjoy. :)

Reaction score
Both jobs can be introverted or extroverted. If you want to be a professional in either expect to deal with people frequently. Public accountants deal with clients the majority of their time. Computer science and engineers work in teams.

Both are great majors. Choose whichever you prefer more and excel in it. GL

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I liked them both, I would do them both. If I lacked passion for either, i would find something else to do. A mixture of the two isn't a bad idea. You could work on accounting software for example. All the best!

Reaction score
Both jobs can complement each other quite well. You can be a computer professional who specializes in accounting systems, or an accountant who specializes in IT companies.

Reaction score
You could do accounting and work in accounting information systems if you want to combine what you like. IT is more introverted, accounting you have to work with clients so I think you can be an extroverted introvert. Study what you enjoy.

Ask a Question