Bookkeeping outsourcing

Reaction score
Hi there.

I am looking for get started as a bookkeeper.I want to work for US companies. I have some 2 years experience doing the accounts payable and receivable for a US company. I've done some of that work online working from Macedonia. I also have a degree in financial management from the top university in Macedonia.I've had like couple of accounting courses.
I am very knowledgeable of QuickBooks and also of ADP online payroll system.

Anyway to where I want to be. I am possibly looking for a experienced U.S bookkeeper who will help me market my services to US companies and whom I can also consult on some of the issues I do not know a lot a about. Maybe partner up with him and expand what could be a very profitable business model. That is business process outsourcing to Macedonia. Hire few more bookkeepers here get them trained and working for us.
The key selling point is price - as competent people as myself we could get them to work for 800$ per month, anything above that would be profit for us..

Of course there are some problems. One of them would be that we can't receive physical mail or do on-site work. Everything would have to be submitted online. (For example business owner takes a picture of the receipt with his cell phone and emails it us, we enter into QuickBooks) - so everything would have to be stored digitally.

There are other companies that offer this kind of service. I know one marketing to UK customers - Euro BPO .

So what do you think about my idea? Could this be a successful business model ?

Also I would appreciate if you post links to resources for bookkeepers such as:
Knowledge beyond basic accounting (expense classification, taxes etc)
Marketing strategies
The bookkeepers start-up kit
etc.

Samir

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The problem you will run into is the security of the documents/transactions. What would you propose to alleviate the issues of corporate security and data security?

I have actually set up something similar so that I can work on my clients' books when I'm thousands of miles away. There is a heavy burden on them to digitize everything, but that's where their work ends, and I takeover.

I like your idea because the cost factor would be good if you can provide services that normally cost 2x in the US. But I'll tell you right now, just basic AR/AP/Payroll processing isn't going to cut it. You can get payroll outsourced for $100/mo here.

I'd like to know what specific industries you would like to target or have interest in. I like your concept and could possibly be that US partner that you're looking for.

Ask a Question