USA Does anybody have experience in Quickbooks Online Essentials???

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm having trouble trying to figure out what should go into quickbooks and how things should be labeled. The comany is an LLC.
How do I label subcontractors?
How do I draw the line between subcontractors and employees, and how do I determine if they are a subcontractor or an employee?
What can I consider a business expense in Quickbooks?
Should I track my sales (profit) by linking it through the bank account or by invoices? (sometimes checks are deposited in one transaction, so multiple sales look like one big sale through the bank account)
When I link an expense through the bank account on Quickbooks, later when I come back to look at the expense, it does not show where the expense originated from, is there any way to still see where it came from?
How do I determine if our company has to pay sales tax and if so how do I set that up in quickbooks?
Do I necessarily need to add my customers in quickbooks?
How does the IRS handle expenses if we are missing receipts? And do we need receipts for things that we pay for every job, i.e. parts for cars and rentals for customers?
***How do we determine how much tax needs to be taken out for every sale?
What is the best way to pay ourselves out, since we are technically not employees?
Can a cash withdrawal be a business expense?

smallbushelp

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It sounds like you need more help than one can expect to receive from a forum such as this. You should consider contacting a qualified accountant in your area or if you'd like, I am available for this type of consultation.

Ask a Question