Hi I'm new here

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Loved forums and participated in them for a while and finally found one relevant to my study area and (hopefully) future career.

To introduce myself I thought I'd give a little bit of my background, please feel free to leave any advice :D:
  1. Undergrad degree in Economics
  2. Doing MSc in Finance and Business
  3. Which will qualify me to sit the CIMA gateway paper, which I intend to do to gain part qualified status up to the management level
Feel like from job adverts I've seen I'd then have to do a little bit of entry level accounting/technical accounting to gain a couple years experience before finishing my CIMA and getting into a management accountant role. Does this sound like the only route, or what other options do I have?

Fidget

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's advisable to get a bit of experience under your belt before you finish the exams. You don't need degrees though to start studying CIMA.

Last edited:

Werner Reisacher

VIP Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Fully agree with Fidget. Learning is a process that provides you with information, not knowledge. According to Einstein, the only source of knowledge is experience. And the experience is gained by turning the information into solutions.
Go for it!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new here too. I own a startup business and joining this forum helps me gain more information about the accounting area of my business. Glad I found this helpful community.

Ask a Question