UK How to present data to an accountant to support $3m cost saving proposal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a machine operator with a proposal to save my company $3m pa.
The proposal is getting pushback form my immediate superiors and I have received a pay cut so I am sort of fighting for my job.

The proposal is essentially this (without giving commercially sensitive data).
Our machinery runs 24/7, we have 3-4 machine operators and about every 4-5 hours we stop the machinery to load it up with new raw materials which takes 2 people about 50min to 1hr the other staff perform checks to the machinery and clean up. The session then starts all over again.

My proposal is a raw material quick loading method that would reduce the loading time to 15 min, a net saving of up to 45min per shut down.
The pushback I'm getting is that the other tasks during the 'shut-down' can take up to an hour, so anytime saved won't shorten the shut-down. I have to be able to present an argument that the spare time generated by the 'quick loading' can be used to allocate more people/time to the other tasks so that the overall shut down time would be reduced from 1 hr to 30 min.

I have a data log in Excel showing the frequency and duration of all the shut downs over the last year, planned & unplanned.
In addition the quick loading will also reduce delays to production from machine jams from poorly loaded raw materials.
The machinery produces $170,000 of product per day. The cost of the proposal will be approx. $100,000. each staff member costs about $45,000pa.

I'm autistic so i can find some things slightly awkward but my productivity improvements/ideas/concepts I am off the scale.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Thanks so kindly

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
It would really benefit to receive more feedbacks if you can describe us your paragraph using tables with title for the data input ( work hours , number of machine , breakdowns ,... ) , in which we can share suggestions based on our experience in analyzing and mesuring productivity and effcience of manufacturing operations .

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi, I'm a machine operator with a proposal to save my company $3m pa.
The proposal is getting pushback form my immediate superiors and I have received a pay cut so I am sort of fighting for my job.

The proposal is essentially this (without giving commercially sensitive data).
Our machinery runs 24/7, we have 3-4 machine operators and about every 4-5 hours we stop the machinery to load it up with new raw materials which takes 2 people about 50min to 1hr the other staff perform checks to the machinery and clean up. The session then starts all over again.

My proposal is a raw material quick loading method that would reduce the loading time to 15 min, a net saving of up to 45min per shut down.
The pushback I'm getting is that the other tasks during the 'shut-down' can take up to an hour, so anytime saved won't shorten the shut-down. I have to be able to present an argument that the spare time generated by the 'quick loading' can be used to allocate more people/time to the other tasks so that the overall shut down time would be reduced from 1 hr to 30 min.

I have a data log in Excel showing the frequency and duration of all the shut downs over the last year, planned & unplanned.
In addition the quick loading will also reduce delays to production from machine jams from poorly loaded raw materials.
The machinery produces $170,000 of product per day. The cost of the proposal will be approx. $100,000. each staff member costs about $45,000pa.

I'm autistic so i can find some things slightly awkward but my productivity improvements/ideas/concepts I am off the scale.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Thanks so kindly

If you want to discuss it in details, please approach me at chpaksitan At hotmail comm and I shall gladly provide you my feedback/assistance.

Ask a Question