Quicken Categories Messed Up

Reaction score
I have been a Quicken user for over 10 years. My current version is 2008 Premier. My category list seems to be TOAST! I have multiple categories that I have used over the years but no longer need. I've attempted to consolidate them and now every time I try to add or delete a category, I get kicked out of Quicken entirely! Also when I attempt to do a category report, I get listings that look like this:
TAX
Uncategorized

[/INDENT]
Uncategorized

Uncategorized

etc ...etc multiple more of these
[
B]and then finally a category name appears[/B]

It's really messed up. Is there a way to get back the original native Quicken categories -- I've deleted a lot of them over the years. Is there a way to start using a brand new file with all of it's original categories and just import my data into that fresh version?

Or, on the other hand .... Is it possible to import a "virgin" category list into my existing quicken file? :confused: My version is 2008 Quicken Premier for Windows. I'd appreciate some feedback on this question as my categories are a disaster!

Last edited:

Ask a Question