USA Bill.com Payment Runs

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi - we were using QB and directly paying vendors with Manual Check Runs, in which AP, selected and cut checks to give to check signers for final approval.
We are not using bill.com - I'm curious how others are "selecting" their check runs. Is your AP department selecting the payments, then it goes to your "check" signers for final review and authorization prior to the payment being sent? And, if your AP Department is selecting the payments, what is the signing authority (example, allowing them a $.01 authority to select payment Final payment can't be sent)?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Where is moderator??
It is important.
Thank.
Sorry - I guess I'm not understanding the question. Previously, we cut checks from QB. I (AP - I'm the only one as we are still small co), cut the checks and handed to the Controller to sign and all checks over 5K had a second check signer.
Now, we are using bill.com and my Controller is selecting payments with my help via Zoom. My Director says that I shouldn't be selecting the payments in bill.com for payment, as there is not a separation of duties. - But, the issue with me not selecting payments is, it is causing more work for the Controller, and, there is a possibility of missing an invoices and/or paying something that I don't want to pay (whether an end-user says to hold, or I may have received a CM larger than the open invoices). What I was looking at was to have myself able to select the payments (with $.01 payment authorization), then it would go to Controller for final review and then another if over 5K
I was curious how other companies using bill.com were handing the selecting of invoices, etc.
Thans -

Ask a Question