USA Budget/software

Reaction score
Country
United States
im a member of an organization that has multiple departments. Each dept has their own budget. I'm looking for a software that will allow each department head to see what they have remaining in their budget. I would also like for the departments to be able to submit purchase requests to the accounting/purchasing. I would also like this software to be free or have a demo to run as a beta.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
I am a Controller for a boutique hotel with multiple departments that operate with its own budget as well. One of the tools that I created for each department is a checkbook used to track spending vs. budget. Along with this, I implemented PO forms that have a budget reconciliation section. The roll out consisted of an SOP that department heads are held accountable for following. I used Microsoft Excel for this process.

One system I used previously for some of the functions listed above is IntAcct but it is not free and it is a blank slate so you will have to create GLs and map your financials on your own.

I know of one system that allows for checkbook Accounting to be managed electronically with monthly budget uploads, auto-generated PO numbers and approvals done via internet. I would have to reach out to a colleague of mine to see what the cost would entail.

Let me know if you're interested in more info.

Thanks

Ask a Question